Contrary to what you might have heard, it is actually possible to use Oberlo with WordPress. Unfortunately though it is not free, but it is very easy and very cheap. From this page you can find quick instructions on how to use Oberlo with WordPress as well as a simple example of what a sales page combining Oberlo and WordPress might look like.
Important note: Apparently Oberlo might only work with WordPress if your WordPress website is hosted somewhere else (e.g. at Hostinger) than at WordPress.com.
Steps needed to use Oberlo with WordPress
- Have a WordPress website
- Open a Shopify account. Click here to open one if you don’t yet have an account (link opens in a new window).
- Pick your Shopify plan. You can add products with Oberlo to your WordPress site even with the $9/month “Lite”-plan.
- Install the Oberlo app to your Shopify account. This is extremely quick and easy.
- Find from Oberlo’s selection the product(s) you want to sell on your WordPress website. Click to import them to your Shopify admin panel.
- Go to your Shopify admin panel and edit the imported products as you see fit. Remember to choose “Buy Button” as the product’s sale channel.
- From your Shopify admin panel find “Sales Channels” and from under it choose “Buy Button”.
- Create a “Buy Button” for the product your are looking to sell. This can be done in less than a minute as there is no need for coding or anything like that.
- After you have created the Buy Button you will be given a HTML-code. Copy the code.
- Go to your WordPress website and find/embed a HTML-block to add the code in to.
- Add the code, you are now able to sell products from Oberlo on your WordPress site.
- Make the page you are selling on look like you want it to look like, e.g. add a headline, information about the product, picture etc.
- Start selling!
Example of an extremely simple page that combines Oberlo, Shopify and WordPress
The blue frame above is simply just for illustrative purposes, and not something that is displayed on page when using Oberlo on WordPress.
Here is part of the page through which people buy products from Oberlo listed on your WordPress site
Good to note: Even though you can use Oberlo with WordPress, it might not be the ideal solution if you are looking to do large scale dropshipping on a WordPress website. However, if the Oberlo + WordPress -solution seems good to your situation, you can get started by opening a Shopify account.
What is the best Oberlo alternative for WordPress?
If you come to the conclusion that you don’t want to use Oberlo with WordPress, but still want to do dropshipping with WordPress, it might be a good idea to look into the combination of WooCommerce and AliDropship. Based on my knowledge, using those two together can be a really good way to dropshipping on a WordPress website. You can find more information about those two from this page.